Who Am I?
I’m Derek. I’m Orthodox. I was a protestant pastor once. The whole convert-Orthodox/Catholic (Cathodox?) thing fascinates me. I want to talk about that. It’s not a cut & dry as the internet makes it seem.
Who Are You?
You are probably someone who also wants to see Christ’s prayer for unity fulfilled. You’re probably Catholic or Orthodox - or at least someone considering one of those options. You like friendship and community and growing and learning and praying and straight goofin’
What Are We Doing Here?
We’re talking about our differences and similarities. Trying to make sense of one another and finding ways to do Kingdom stuff together. We’re reading books and telling stories.
Please respect the following community guidelines to maintain an enjoyable environment:
- Keep conversation respectful, without personal attacks
- Don’t blow up other members’ feeds. If someone isn’t responding to you, let it be
- No pornography
- Keep out behavior that could be seen as trolling/spamming
- Feel free to challenge one another, but without disparaging others’ beliefs
- No Orthobros
- No RadTrads (regular trads are fine)
- Don’t accept any wooden nickels
- Relax, be yourself, and enjoy